TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:18254] Dual headed video cards

> > Can't get WinME to do multihead with the banshee as secondary, I suspect
> > 3dfx's drivers are stupid.
>
> Not a limitation of win98.  That's a limitation of the banshee.  The
> hardware designers were ignorant about setting the hardware up to be
> relocatable, so the card simply gets turned off by the system bios.

I have it working fine right now in XFree 4.0. Its a driver problem with
windows.

> > I'm told W2K won't do multihead with S3's. So those are out. :P
>
> Same here.

Ugh. So, any takers? Trade a PCI Banshee for something else PCI with
decent performance? Or outright buy it? :)

> > So I'm looking for Millenium II's or maybe TNT1s... :) (Three screens,
> > oooh yes. ;)
>
> I dunno about the Nvidia chips' abilities to relocate.  YMMV here.

The TNT2 is happy to be secondary. WinME will do multihead with the
Banshee as primary and the TNT2 as secondary, but that sucks. I want to
play Starlancer on the TNT2. ;)