TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:18197] Helix relationship to GNOME

Scott Dier wrote:

> * Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com> [000526 00:47]:
> > Helix is the desktop(?) build on top of the GNOME widget set?
>
> helixcode is a company that does development for gnome.

As of GNOME 1.2.0, they're also the offical distribuution channel for
stable gnome releases do to their excessive bandwith (even it's
suffering from the /. effect though)

> as a way to promote gnome, they package up the current Gnome CVS sources
> as they were nearing 1.2.x so people would have quick access to them.

They're setup would be really nice, if I wasn't running potato. That's
ok though. I had too many headaches with running potato when it was
unstable and don't want to go to woody yet. But I'm ok with grabbing
woody packages and compiling them under potato. =)

--
Andy Zbikowski, Sys Admin   | http://www.ltiflex.com
LTI Flexible Products, Inc. | "Reality is merely an illusion,