TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:18042] 2.3.99-pre6 kernel

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 09:54:35AM -0500, Seth I. Bernsen wrote:

>Thanks, I didn't know if you could just create a normal directory or
>what...  I'm used to working on LynxOS (LynuxWorks RTOS Unix) machines
>which implement special file types for IPC's.

Yeah in this case it's not a filesystem like you are thinking (i.e. there is
no mkfs-shm command or anything) all you really need is the mount point and
comman and the kernel will do the rest. It's kinda like the procfs stuff. Soon
devfs will run thus as well.
--
Ben Lutgens  xAdministrator CS Solutions Inc |WinNT BSOD Security model:
1821 University Ave, St. Paul, Mn	     |"Can't crack it if it's crashed.