TCLUG Archive

any help for this sad situation?

	Periodically, the passwords on the local NT/Exchange network expire.
I'm tired of driving into work at 5pm on saturday (or bugging people who
happen to still be there) to log into NT just to set a new password.
Without that password I can't get email or mount shares. I was hoping
there was an easier way to do this.
	I've tried smbpasswd and while it seems like the right kind of utility,
it just doesn't work.
smbpasswd -r our.host.com -U jhallgren

I get the error:
machine our.host.com rejected the session setup. Error was : Called name
not present.
Failed to change password for jhallgren

	Maybe that's not the right utility or maybe its a config problem. Any
ideas? I'm using RH6.2.
	Jeff
Jeff Hallgren
jhallgren@abaton.com