TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:17947] Yesterday's Installfest

On Sun, 21 May 2000, Ben Lutgens wrote:

> On Sun, May 21, 2000 at 01:21:47PM -0500, Clay Fandre wrote:
> >I want to thank Real-Time for hosting yesterday's installfest. I think
> >it was a pretty good turnout even though the weather was more suited for
> >yardwork. I know I had fun and learned some things.
>
> Yeah it was a good time. It was my first installfest so I have no frame of
> reference but it was nice. I liked that fact that we had bandwidth too (thanks
> Bob) and thanks to Real-Time for providing the food and drinks.

Agreed. :) Real-Time earns big kudos for helping out with foodstuffs.
Thanks, also, for the hardware we picked up. :) My bent-out-of-shape K6 now
has a replacement case, and all but one of the devices I dug out work just
fine (might be two, I have as yet to get my 8-port serial board to work) :)

I look forward to seeing you all again the next time we invest some time
into an installfest, and maybe I'll actually get linux onto the machine I
bring :)

-David