Re: CF: Quest & Characters and Alchemy

>  Now we could certainly add a difficulty rating to the formulae file, >and
>this more or less corresponds to the level in alchemy skill.  A >first
>level character would not be able to make the potion of >strength.  You
>could even base exp on the difficulty - say you get 10* >the difficulty or
>something when you make something.  Making large >batches decreases the
>chance, but increases the exp. Making something >very basic for you
>increases the chances, and so on.  Reading a new >recipe grants exp.  Since
>the only way your are likely to get alchemy >exp is using the skill, it
>does force the use of the skill.
>-

3 things that we might also think about:

1: the way its set up right now if im surounded by caldrons i only have to
throw the spell once and it works in all of them.

2: PLAY BALANACE - if we do change this then a really good look should e
made at the potions themselves and what level they would be assigned to.

3: Cursed items being made - personally i think if we were to change this we
should make it so that they are rarely made. Its a giant flaw in the game
that i can just dump an item in and throw the spell and somehing appears
(its cursed) and i can sell it as long as i dont identify it and make GOOD
money doing it. I dont suggest that the items not come out cursed, I think
the 95% of the time only Slag comes out if you fail.