Extra forgotten detail(Was: my take on Unique Quests/Scorn Castle)

Sorry, me again-
 Forgot to mention that with having the characters as in my suggested
scheme, both the predefined ones and the computer-generated ones, you
could have the descriptions and stories about the characters' past
(including interraction with players) appear in books, just like you
currently get the descriptions of gods and fancy artifacts. It would
add a little bit more colour to the game, IMHO.

 Having said that, anyone given thought to the fact you could take
an empty book, then just make stuff up about things with inscription,
and go drop it in a shop somewhere for the unweary? Or in a library-
the one in Navar City has some removable empty books. Obviously
you're supposed to be able to write messages, but there's scope for
misleading people. It is technically possible to tell if a book's
"real" or not, isn't it?

Tom Barnes-Lawrence (aka Tomble)
[my address expires end of week-be careful if replying]
This is not a signature