Re: My take on the Unique Quests/Castle in Scorn thing

> so, I noticed PeterM had already implemented something with the Scorn
> Castle that would probably be similar- but then I figured I'd just send

Sort of similar, but not exactly analogous.  Thus far, I've implemented
quests in which players could earn the following Noble Ranks:
Knight
Baronet
Baron
Earl
Marquis
Count
Duke
Archduke

(and one not yet made yet for Prince)
These quests all involve random maps of various styles.  They've been
inserted into the general map set, and hints/quest definitions are
to be found in the Castle in Scorn, in the Hall of Quests.  The quests
themselves are permanent map features:  the random maps the players
have to go through to fulfill the quests are, well, random.

The intention is that a player can only have one Noble Rank at a time,
but I know this can be circumvented.  However, a player must have
advanced rank by rank:  i.e., he cannot go from Knight to Archduke without
fulfilling all the intermediate quests/ranks.

I intend to have some privileges in Scorn for those having attained
Noble Ranks, such as having the gates open for them, and feasts laid
out for them when they show up at court, being admitted to see Their
Majesties, etc.

Sometime after completing the Noble Rank stuff I was going to
start doing some more random quests for powerful spells which can presently
be found in shops, including:
large snowstorm
large fireball
  (and others)
and removing them from the shops.  I had envisaged a room in the castle
which would point out where to go searching for these "lost" spells.

There's a lot more room in Scorn Castle for other people's ideas too, though.

To me what it looks like you want to do is implement a random quest which
would create an exit to a random map which would allow completing the
quest.

The granting of other titles than Noble Ranks is no big deal and
no conflict.

"Welcome Slayer of Worms, Noble Duke of Scorn, Hero of the Abyss, XXXX!!!"

I wrote the random map part.  :)  How about you write the rest?  :P

>  So anyway, I think thats finally all of how my version of the random
> quest maps thing would go, PeterM didn't seem to go into much detail
> about his version and I'm still using 0.95.4, IIRC.
> Like Michael and Peter's versions, I think giving titles is a great idea,
> but I was thinking more along the lines of "Vanquisher of Bert" or
> "Rescuer of Doris" and stuff, but perhaps you could get one type of title
> for certain quests, the other type for others, and other rewards for yet
> other types of quests, eg access to special restricted areas of guilds.

PeterM