Re: Just noticed that you added a #def for triple damage

Admittedly, without the damage tripling, the cones are a good deal
weaker.  However, this thread was a followup to Cater's message
recommending that cones be de-powered, and in part was a suggestion of
an alternate means of reducing their punch, while picking up
performance on the side.

However, with the damage tripling, they are still about the same
strength.  To get equivalent strength out of a triple-cone, however,
just back up a space or two, you'll waste maybe 2-4 of the cone's hp,
no big deal (except for holy word).  Also, a triple-cone blown through
a hole emerges uniformly triple strength.

I've been running with the weakened cones for quite some time now, and
this hasn't really gotten more than some minor grumbling from my
players (or from me about my own characters).  Holy word is the only
cone spell that seems underpowered at this point, the level 1
elemental cones being covered for by the level 1 ball and level 2-3
bolt spells.   Besides, it seems to me that since a bolt is a narrow
beam, and costs about twice what a cone does sp-wise (at least at low
level), it should be simply devastating relative to a cone.  Maybe
holy word needs a bdur/bdam boost, or holy orb needs its level
dropped, or maybe we need holy bolt?

As for modifying the cone patch to exhibit that intensity variation:
okay, I guess I could manage that, but I might have to tear apart
ok_to_put_more() and use an extra variable in the cone objects.

rte-crossfire-help@listserv.real-time.com