Re: CF: more updates soon, comments/votes requested

> Maybe if enabling experience restoration disabled player vs. player
> drain, it could be set up as a switch, but I don't really like the
> idea of making both of those optional.  Too hard to balance.

here's a theory.  i can set up a server w/ several ports active,
each having different settings.  if people are willing to try
thing and give feedback we might be able to get a result with
fewer side-effects.

alternative is to have one or two methods and let people
choose which one they want -- turning on player-to-player
drain might, for example, turn on some other effect upon
restoration to offset it.  that way people could try various
things and see which ones work.

> Not quite.  The other players could only restore their physique
> experience by attacking with drain.  Drain lowers the victims total
> experience and lowers each experience category by the same percentage,
> but gives the attacker only the type of experience they attack with.
>
> If players attack each other until their physique experience is back
> where it should be, except for the one who's getting drained of
> course, they'll still be short on total experience and all their
> secondary skills, like mental and agility.  Still, I'd rather make
> player vs. player drain either give the attacker experience or not.

what if player-to-player drain is less than 1:1.  i.e., if i drain
X points from you i get only X/2 or X*(your level/(your level + my level))
so that it quickly becomes less profitable to regain points from
other players than to just kill monsters.

--
 Steven Lembark                                   2930 W. Palmer St.
                                                 Chicago, IL  60647