Re: CF: more updates soon, comments/votes requested

Mark Wedel wrote:
>  Actually, if you want players to be more aggressive, then #2 is
> probably a better idea.  The problem as stated with #3 is that
> players (if they have some restore potions), can basically get
> infinite exp.  Probably not a good idea on any server, with or
> without config option.

How's that?  If players don't get any of the experience they drain
from other players, how do they get infinite exp from restore potions?

>  #2 definately makes things more agressive - if another player
> drains you, you are hosed.

Precisely why I dislike that option.

>  At least one problem with player->player drain is that it can be
> unlimited. [...]

Sure, you just have to be careful not to kill them too soon...

>  I wonder if it may be more interesting to make draining weapons
> more ego item like - they will drain some amount of exp, and then be
> satiated and won't drain again for quite a while.  At least that
> way, there is some more effective limit.

Or give the other half of the drained experience to the weapon and
make it's ego increase as it gains "levels".  At some point it might
become uncontrollable and start draining your experience or something.

>  I'm a little reluctant to add more options that change gameplay,
> because that just makes things even harder to balance on the server.
> [...]

Agreed.

Mark Wedel wrote:
>  Unfortunately, most undead don't have a big exp reward, so it would
> be hard to regain it.  And of course, you need a weapon that drains,
> which may or may not be common.

I agree with Mark here.  Restoring experience by draining undead would
be /harder/ than just getting the experience back normally.

--
            -Dave Noelle,                 dave@Straylight.org
            -the Villa Straylight,  http://www.straylight.org

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed above relate in no way to anything at all
and are merely the ramblings of an overstressed C.S. geek: read at own risk

Quote of the Day:
It would be nice to be sure of anything the way some people are of everything.