Re: CF: strategy -- SPOILER

On Mar 4,  1:19pm, Christian Stieber wrote:
> Subject: Re: CF: strategy -- SPOILER
> Preston F. Crow (Preston.F.Crow@Dartmouth.EDU) wrote:

> Not sure about polymorphing monsters, though --- we never needed that.
> Polymorphing is more like a funny extra to play with in crossfire,
> not a useful spell.

 Polymorph could be useful (change that rust monster into something less
dangerous).  The problem with a real time game like crossfire is that it takes
too long to actual find that polymorph wand, and use it on the monster.  It
works much better in nethack, where you have as much time as you need, so you
can make a more calculated decision.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com