Re: CF: Advice requested on implementation of maps in crossfire

Christian Stieber on  wrote...
| Peter Mardahl (peterm@langmuir.EECS.Berkeley.EDU) wrote:
|
| >   For random maps, I'd like to be able to link to human-defined
| > maps, and have the human-defined maps lead back to the random maps.
|
| >   The ugliness of this technique offends me, can anyone come up
| > with something more elegant?
|
| New entry/exit archetypes that use a stack in the player --- the
| "entry" stores where it came from, the "exit" leads back to the
| location on the top of the stack.

Not if random maps could connect into a loop!!!
As my suggestion allows with interconnected random maps :-)

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
    One does expect bugs, but not of this variety
      -- an ant just crawled out of the keyboard.
                                    -- Ann E Cleary <afactor@ozemail.com.au>
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au