Re: CF: Advice requested on implementation of maps in crossfire

Peter Mardahl (peterm@langmuir.EECS.Berkeley.EDU) wrote:

>   For random maps, I'd like to be able to link to human-defined
> maps, and have the human-defined maps lead back to the random maps.

>   The ugliness of this technique offends me, can anyone come up
> with something more elegant?

New entry/exit archetypes that use a stack in the player --- the
"entry" stores where it came from, the "exit" leads back to the
location on the top of the stack.

Possibly let the "entry" override the default (it's own location) with
another map name and/or position.

The stack is cleared when the player dies or casts an successful word
of recall.

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber