Re: CF: Wasted Space & D.Door

"Mark Wedel" on  wrote...

| > I know `jumping' can jump over a single row of movers, exits or
| > teleports, but not impassable objects like fences.
|
|  Jumping was one of those more recent additions, which while a nice
|  addition, certainly creates problems for some maps (ie, you can
|  bypass most of the map by jumping over a pit or something else.)
|
|  In practice, the maps should probably be altered as needed (add an
|  extra row of player movers or something which basically means no jump
|  over.)  However, I'll have to check the code - at minimum, jumping
|  should be treated as far as flying for the square you are going over
|  - so if you can fly over it, you can jump over it.  If flying would
|  have you affected by the space, jumping should also be affected.
|

| On Jan 11,  4:54pm, Anthony Thyssen wrote:
| > Dimension door can jump impassable objects...
| >   But can they jump over a line of `No Spell' squares?
|
|  No.
|
| > That is they try to D.Door and just suddenly stop next to the impassable
| > ``No Spell'' Fence.  Gives the map maker more control, and allows
| > players general use of magic.
|
|  Actually, I believe the spell will just fail if you try to ddoor over such
| spaces.  However, it tends to be easier/safer to block an entire area with no
| magic, as there have been at least a few bugs in the past which had a few
| critical spaces missing the no magic so you were able to ddoor into some area.

So if you have a line of ``No Spell'' (say under a fence)
and you try to ddoor over it, to the area beyond which is clear of
``no spell'' squares, it definately fails!

EG: can we just use ``No spell'' along fences and walls and be sure
(other then old server bugs) that ddoor will fail, while the fence/wall
prevents jumping.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
            `` Opps. My Brain just hit a bad sector. ''
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au