Re: CF: Please help

R.Balasubramanian (mani@oyster.ee.iitm.ernet.in) wrote:

> How do I kill a skull?  For now, I summon air elemental(s) and try to stay
> out of spell reach.

That's a very difficult question. The trivial answer is: hit him until
he's dead :-)

A skull is generally a tough opponent for a lowlevel character. Common ways
of killing skulls from a distance are:

- holy orb/banishment of Jehova
- holy servant or avatar

I generally suggest to avoid skulls until you can summon an avatar,
at which point you will be able to obtain a skullcleaver or kill the
skull with your avatar.

If there is just one skull at the start of a map, and you have free
action (or, even better, the "speed+1 immune slow paralyze " ring) and
cure confusion, you might want to try burning the skull away. Or, if
you have some elemental protections and the above, consider hitting
him with your best weapon (esp. if that weapon is "of Jehova")). It
really depends on your overall level and your skill levels.

Other golems, like elementals, seem to be rather worthless --- although
one can always impress people when the kill log shows you killed a jessy
with a whimpy air elemental :-)

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber