Re: CF: Restoration Potions

Peter Mardahl wrote:

> Thanks for looking into this so promptly, Dave.
>
> >     *Should* potions of restoration (or anything else for that matter) be abl
> >e to cure experience loss?  It could be recorded in a "drain" object the same
> >way depletion effects are recorded in a "depletion" object.  That would mean t
> >hat once a character can afford to buy restoration potions, death is merely an
> > inconvenience.
>
> The penalty for dying is light enough now, I think.  I'm not in favor
> of reducing the penalty any further....

Dunno about dying, but I'd be in favor of making something recover
draining by undead. Let death go ahead and rip away the XP permanently,
but count up otherwise drained XP and go somewhere to trade in your
gravestone for that much XP. We don't absolutely need to count up the
XP, but it seems like it'd be far too easy to duplicate gravestones
somehow. Besides, it'd be fun if we didn't check whether the gravestones
you're trading in are actually yours...

Could even make ectoplasm & related things exchangable for n points of
drain restoration. Turn undead mansions into gambling halls -- you go
in, lose 100k experience, then you're hooked. You have to keep going to
regain what you've lost.