Re: CF: teleportation

> > 	I think its worth implementing, but you have to be careful
> > 	no to ruin playbalance. For example, if you allow players
> > 	to teleport to maps then they could
> > 	clear a map, set the 'home' to the middle of a treasure
> > 	room, wait for the map to reset and then teleport in.
>
> Apparently I didn't make myself clear enough -:) The idea was to
> have "Destination points" in maps --- i.e. special places that the
> map designer can put into the map. Word of recall ("teleportation")
> could only teleport players to one of these points. Some means have to
> established to let players choose which point they want to teleport
> too -- either by "coding" this into items that players can pick up
> and carry around, or by creating an invisible object in the player
> inventory when the player applies such a destination point, or whatever.

	Ah, sounds interesting. How bout this implementation, use
	the destination object in the player to determine the home,
	but also have "ideal" or "easy" map points that are teleported
	too (ex. temples).

	This will allow you to have a generalized teleport code, such
	that you could have a spell that only will set "home" for a
	player standing in an "easy" teleport spot (ie you can only cast
	a rune of homing on that spot). Furthermore, if
	it seems reasonable to implement, allow a higher level (perhaps
	a quest spell?) spell that can set home to any arbitrary place.

							-b.t.