Re: CF: Java server, HP/UX

>Compiling Java
>into real machine code would be a lot better than compiling Java into
>Bytecode and compiling/interpreting this.

Actually, that's not necessarily true anymore.  The Open Group has
released TurboJ, a Java bytecode compiler.  You take the bytecode,
run it through TurboJ, and then it runs natively.  I hear that the
performance is quite impressive.  Of course, since I work for The
Open Group, I'm unusually susceptible to the propaganda.

--PC