Re: CF: Death, Stats and a Simple Party...

Christian Stieber on  wrote...
| Other than that, it's a matter of patience. There is a huge supply of
| zombies, which gives quite a bunch of money to lowlevel players. So
| there is no need at all to use server bugs. It is interesting to notice
| that most of these newbie "improvements" are just there to make things
| easier for somebody who doesn't know the game, and doesn't want to
| explore. Commercial RPG playing style, maybe?

The problem is the game is very very complex and for a newbe very
difficult to get by without dieing.  This is much of the reason for
the current scorn changes.

The game over the years has developed to a great extent, but many of the
changes adds to the complexity (what doesn't) but without throught on
how a newbe would cope. Take a newbe tring to worship the suggested god
Jehova! Their is no `set' temple for Jevova, and I was 10th level in
magic before I was about to finally find a random altar with that God.

Then of course I had died so often that my `Grace' is 4 with a maximum
of 2. which is too low for ``holy word''. Any suggestions? Other than
potions, which I am building up money for.

Thus the current work on `scorn improvments', including the Street of
the Gods. Which I hope to release for beta test just before new year,
and final release two or so weeks later.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
     `Hear me, Oh Gods!   Its a rest break not a timeout!
                  Put the fire back...'
                         --- Larry Niven and Steven Barnes, ``Dream Park''
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au