Re: CF: Feature Request: Pray Until Forgiven?

On Dec 8, 11:15pm, James Cameron wrote:
> Subject: CF: Feature Request: Pray Until Forgiven?
> I'd love a command equivalent that would have my character kneel and
> pray until either something moved nearby or the "grace" level no longer
> increases.

 There are probably other skills this should apply to also (meditation, maybe
some others.)

 Commands for players probably should be redone a bit - some things should
certainly take longer than 1 tick, and being able to interrupt commands makes
sense.

 Probably adding something like a repeat_command string into the player
structure and repeating that command until either the player enters a new
command or whatever command clears the repeat flag would make sense.  This
would also be the start of incremental commands (for example, eating a roast
bird may take 5 ticks.  So each tick, player eats 20% of the food value, and
the food value in the bird goes down by 20%.  Something in the command
structure records which roast bird is being consumed (maybe store item tag), so
if it isn't interrupted, the entire bird is consumed - if it is, you have a
half eaten bird or something.

> Doing it on an altar of my God should probably result in the double
> level rather than standard.

 Yeah - there should be some bonus - maybe increase rate, or ability to go
above your maxgrace (super charged, similar to what can happen if players cast
transfeerance).

> Also: what do you do with you have so many spells and prayers that they
> don't fit on the text window of the X11 client?  Using TAB to scroll
> through them makes it hard to compare them.

 Use a scrollbar of course is the first step.  I believe you can give some
option to get either the priest or mage spells to reduce the list a bit.  I
think one of hte things someone wanted to do was make a better spell browsing
system (better details of what the spell does, and so on.)

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com