Re: CF: Travel

On Dec 8, 11:49pm, James Cameron wrote:
> Subject: Re: CF: Travel
> Raphaël Quinet wrote:
> > Mark suggested that the player should be in control of the boats and
> > should be able to travel anywhere in the sea (thus requiring some maps
> > in order to find the other cities).
>
> Idea: the dock turns you into a boat, which can then move over sea as
> you wish.

 However, some objects should allow multiple objects.  For example, a big
galleon should allow probably 4 people (1/space or something.)

 Exact coding details have yet to be done - probably won't until after I finish
the object stuff.

 More than likely, the player will become part of the inventory of the object
in question, but hooks will be added for the player to control that object.
 The main point is that special abilities of the object need to be preserved
(boats over water, dragons flying, etc..)  Dragons should perhaps be removed or
very expensive (dragon isn't going to fly someone around for free) - otherwise
playbalance gets shifted a bit.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com