Re: Spoiler generation (was Re: reading books)

On Dec 26, 11:17pm, Michael B. Martin wrote:
> If you would like a suggestion, perhaps all (new) documentation should
> be written in HTML.  Converting to a plain text file would be fairly
> simple (I believe many browsers, Netscape in particular, can do this).
> Or, better yet, take a look at the Linux Documentation Project (LDP).
> If I understand this right, they are writing the docs in SGML, which
> can then be translated into HTML, plain text, UN*X man page
> (troff/nroff) format, etc.  Nicely flexible.

 I often times find that the files just being in straight text format to be
quite handy (I just want to quickly look something up, and being able to more
the file is much nicer than bringing up a copy of netscape or whatever else.)

 Also, even in text format, the documentation is out of date.  If any other
format is used (which will likely be harder, and thus not as many people will
know how to use it), the documentation will get even more out of date/won't be
updated.

 If people supply documentation in some nice, standard, new format, I will
probably take it.  But I will hardly require that people use some new format.

--
 --Mark