Re: Spoiler generation (was Re: reading books)

>  I am working on my own set of web pages that I will eventually put on a public
> site someplace.  These are mostly just html versions of existing docs.
>

> --
>  --Mark

If you would like a suggestion, perhaps all (new) documentation should
be written in HTML.  Converting to a plain text file would be fairly
simple (I believe many browsers, Netscape in particular, can do this).
Or, better yet, take a look at the Linux Documentation Project (LDP).
If I understand this right, they are writing the docs in SGML, which
can then be translated into HTML, plain text, UN*X man page
(troff/nroff) format, etc.  Nicely flexible.

For those of you pushing for "alternate" languages/character sets in
crossfire, someone could probably even write a converter for that, too
(e.g. HTML -> Elven :-).  The reason the runic alphabet used in the
Ultima series of games was so cool is that your character's
proficiency was exactly *your* proficiency.  Much more realistic than
having some sort of automatic translation if your character happens to
know the language.

-Michael