Re: From c to c++

> Just a thought on my part for someone who's just a lurker on this
> alias.  But if y'all are considering a complete re-write have you
> thought about coding it in Java.

  Java isn't public domain, is it?  In order to run Crossfire,
one would have to license a Java interpreter or whatever, right?
Are Java interpreters available for all platforms?

  Is Java fast enough to deal with a Crossfire server?

  I'd hate to see Crossfire work done in one company's pet
language rather than mainstream languages with wide support.

Regards,

PeterM