Re: From c to c++

Just a thought on my part for someone who's just a lurker on this
alias.  But if y'all are considering a complete re-write have you
thought about coding it in Java.

Some of the advantages of Java would be:

        o binaries are machine independent.  You will instantly be able
          to run the client's all the machines that have the java
          virtual machine on it.  Which currently includes many unix's
          Win95/NT and soon Mac too.

        o Object oriented languages very simular to C++

        o Might win *big* prizes...

I think that if crossfire were ported to JAVA it would ba a great
candidate for the Java contest that Sun is currently running.  For
more info on Java and the contest start take a look
at http://javacontest.sun.com.

I'm only bummed because I'm a Sun employee I'm not uneligible for
the contest.

It's a thought and it might be a lot of fun.

_Mike_