Re: Suggestions for crossfire change.

>limit magical bonuses from prepare weapon scrolls
>    attributes +4 and natural +6 don't know about speed,weight,damage...

  I hope this is on someone's todo list.

>limit a players total magical bonuses (from equipment worn) to

  I don't much like this idea....  Magical bonuses are too vague, this
would be hard to gather.

>Change max ability levels based upon class.  Fighters should have
>    increased max hit points, wizards should have increased max
>    spell points.
  I disagree with this one. :)  Under my proposal, class is obsolete,
skill areas are all that exist.

>Devise minor abilities/skills for each class.  Fighters should be
>    harder to scare in battle protection from fear.
  RACE's would have minor the minor abilities.  It'd be inborn in
them as what they are.

>Assume some level dependent training.  Fighters wc and damage
  I'm opposed to requiring the existence of a map with a guild in it
for advancement.  Right now, characters don't NEED anything besides
a savebed.  Stores, etc. can all be dispensed with.  I like this
flexibility.

>Equipment switching delay.  If a character switches armour then
Definitely.  This should have been done long ago....

>Fix charisma bonuses.  The difference between 10-30 charisma
>    should be ~50%.  People might invest in charisma potions
>    and rings and stuff, but wizards wouldn't get such a huge
>    advantage for having 100 spell points and a charisma spell.
  I second this.  Charisma is the ONLY stat that people are complaining
about being able to use spells to max-out.  Let's lessen the rewards
for high charisma, and lessen the punishment for low.

Regards,

PeterM

P.S., spell failure based on encumbrance with weapons and armour
has been done.