New to crossfire...

I just ftpd crossfire a few days ago and I must say I am very
impressed. I got the server and client to compile (on a sun) I
took me a while but I got the fonts to work, but it only works
when connecting to my server, at other servers I just get
random pics. XPM mode works fine, and I like the look much
better, is it any faster or slower? Also I was wondering how
demanding the server is. There are a few machines here that I
could run one on, there is a 486 25 w/ 8megs ram, would that
be to slow? I could also run it on the student machine (a
sparc station 10) if it didn't slow it down to much.... What do I
have to do to get XPM mode to work on my server, I looked in
the config file and it looks llike it is defined, but when I try to
run it in XPM mode I get
This version was not compiled with color pixmap (XPM) support.

We have XPM installed, I'm not sure what version.

Well, let me know if you have any ideas, and great work, this
looks like an execelent game!

p.s. - does anyone know of some servers I could try?

Seth Hettich
Distributed Computing Support
Office of Academic Computing
University of California, Irvine