Re: Where do you get the sound files?

The best archive for *.au files was "sounds.sdsu.edu", but they had to
shut down their ftp server because there were too many people downloading
files, and I guess academic authorities frowned at that.  :-(

Anyway, you will find the sound files for CrossFire on my ftp server:
"ftp2.montefiore.ulg.ac.be", in the "/pub/sounds/crossfire" directory.
You may find some other interesting sound effects in the "unsorted"
directory.  Warning: our net connection is rather slow, so be patient...

You will also find the sounds for CrossFire in the file
"sound-files-0.89.3.tar.Z", in the "/pub/crossfire/incoming" directory on
"ftp.ifi.uio.no".

Hope this helps...

-Raphael

P.S.: The sounds stuff needs some rewriting, but I haven't had the time to
      do it yet (I'm working on other less serious things - an editor for
      Doom).  I hope to find some time to do it when the new rplay library
      is officially released; it has 16-bit stereo sound support, and
      other nice new features.