Re: CF: Bugs and suggestions

Cheating with autosave:  Yes, its possible to do.  The best solution is
really to make the server non crashable.  There is no other really good
solution.

 Selling itmes you did not want to sell:  This can be annoying, but would
be difficult to keep track of.  Asking 'are you sure you want to sell
this' would be annoying, and to keep track if an item has been sold would
start new bugs, as who sold the item would need to be kept track of
(othewise, next character who walks in could buy an itme someone else
sold without the high markup.)

 At least one reason the price is so high, is that if the item is
worth a certain amount, the value you get for selling it is greatly
reduced (becomes something like X + sqrt(Y) instead of just Y).  So the
item gets sold for very little compared to how much it would cost
(Y).  Charisma and sell/buy multipliers are also applied to these values,
but I think you get the idea of why some items can have incredible markups.

 I would be curious to know why this method was used in the game in the
first place - my guess is to limit the amount of money people can make
for selling potions or artifacts, but at the same time have them cost
a lot of money.

 Flying carpets, boats you control, wagons, etc, are long term things that
I hope get added sometime.  But they are fairly low priority (client
server is actually getting pretty close to the top now)  At least one reason
is that many changes that happen right now might just get obsoleted by
client server, or need to be completely changed.

 Charisma:  Having a character with a super high charisma to do all buying/
selling is a problem.  Perhaps the solution is really just to remove
charisma altogether - it main (only?) purpose right now is for
buying/selling equipment.

 --Mark