Re: (ASCEND) TNT ISDN woes

Hi Peter, all,

At 05:17 28/05/00, Peter Lalor wrote:
>>* An ISDN customer dialing the new equipment prior to the upgrade now
>>cannot connect -- ie. has to have something to do with the equipment
>
>The "upgrade" being the move from the 4000 to the TNT, or did the TNT
>change too?

Correct - it was just the move -- the TNT wasn't changed at all in the
process apart from having another couple of PRAs plugged into it.

>Sounds like you're running out of HDLC processors. Use hdlc -a to check
>how many are available.

Stacks of them. About four pages worth. Could I have a faulty card?

>You don't specify which HDLC or modem cards you're using, so I'm assuming
>you have an HDLC-1 card and dual-slot modem cards that contains no HDLC
>processors. If that's true, you can handle about 128 ISDN channels, unless
>some HDLC processors are being used by nailed calls.

Correct - I thought the card could do 192, but I knew that was probably the
marketing department speaking. Heck I'd be happy with 128, but at the
moment I'm only getting about 10 ISDN channels and no more.

>As a fellow Aussie, this was an irresistible offer!

:-)

Any ideas?

Cheers
Kerrin

--
Kerrin Pine (kerrinp@chariot.net.au)   |  Web: http://www.chariot.net.au/
Network Operations Manager, CCNA       |  Web: http://www.kerrin.com/

"I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got
a full house and four people died." -- Steven Wright