(ASCEND) traffic filter for telnet to TNT?

Do any of you have traffic filters configured to block telnet/etc
to your TNT(s) from non-authorized networks?  In other words, a filter
such as:

     "only allow telnet to 192.168.1.1/32 (TNT address)
      from 192.168.10.0/24 (authorized NOC subnet)"

If so, I would greatly appreciate it if you would post a brief
statement about how you did it.

Also, I'm interested in any comments that anyone might have regarding
the performance impact that this sort of filter might have.

Thank you.