Re: (ASCEND) Disconnect Cause 101 but radif shows Ack - MAJOR problem

On Fri, 29 Oct 1999 ascend@digistar.com wrote:

We're also seeing the exact same problem.  Max TNT talking to a
proprietary radius server.  (developed in-house).  We get cause 101.  Does
the TNT check if a user is already logged in?  Why?  How do we turn that
off?

> I am plagued by a problem that is causing serious grief.
>

> At times of high activity users are being disconnected after the radius
> server authenticates the user.  The radif radius debug shows the user
> entered the correct password and "Authentication Ack" but the radius
> detail file shows Disconnect Cause 101.
>
> At slower call volumes the disconnect problem disappears.
>
> Below is my DEFAULT user:
>

> DEFAULT Password = "UNIX"
>         User-Service=Framed-User,
>         Framed-Protocol=PPP,
>         Ascend-Maximum-Channels=1
>
> I am using FreeBSD 3.1 and have tried numerous radius servers, old and new
> ascendd, the livingston radius and cistrond - all show successful
> authentication in the radius log and in -x debug mode but the 4048 boots
> the user off and displays "LAN security error".  I have Auth Pool = Yes.
> I have no connectivity issues or authentication timeout problems that I
> can see.  Ping times to the radius server are under 10ms.
>

> The max 4048s are all running 6.1.7, newer versions seemed to be worse.
>

> What is even more odd is three other 4048s (same software, etc) do not
> experience this problem at all, ever.  The problem is related to three
> individual units.
>

> I have tried everything I can think of to remedy the problem (nvram clear,
> etc.) but nothing seems to make a difference.
>

> Anyone got any ideas?
>

> Thanks!
>
> ++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++

Oystein Homelien                  |  oystein@powertech.no
PowerTech Information Systems AS  |  http://www.powertech.no/
Nedre Slottsgate 5, N-0157 OSLO   |  tel: +47-23-010-010, fax: +47-2220-0333