RE: (ASCEND) max6000 & stacking

> Hi,
>
> I have a question about stacking on max 6000.
> I did as manual says:
>
> 90-C00 Mod Config
>  Stack Options...
>  Stacking Enabled=Yes
>  Stack Name=blabla	(this is different on the second max)
>  UDP Port=5151
>  Multicast Addr=239.192.74.+		(didn't find anything about
> this aadress
> from manual)
>

> both maxes has their own aadress pool, software is 7.2.3. I think, i did
> all i need, but stacking is not working:(
>
> P.S. Should i restart my maxes after that?

AFAIK, there's no need to restart when implementing stacking (can't hurt
though, except to piss off a # of customers :).  However, all stacked maxes
need to use the same Stack Name.

We tend to name the stacks after the huntgroup.  i.e. In one POP, we also
have a virtual POP (FX'd lines).  Each huntgroup terminates into a different
set of Maxen, one has 3 maxen, with a Stack Name of "radford" the other is 2
maxen with a Stack Name of "cburg."

--
  Troy Settle
  iPlus Internet Services