Re: (ASCEND) client dns

> Unfortunately, no.  Any hard-coded DNS entries are used over those issued
> with a dialup or even a network link.  That is a feature of Microsoft.

Nah, this is not really a feature of Microsoft, but just common sense
(or maybe it is a feature of Microsoft in which case I would have to
*GASP* *OUCH* agree with Microsoft). In fact I don't know of any OS
that _doesn't_ work this way.

Bottom line: As a user, I would be *AFRAID* for my security if it was
possible for my ISP to override all sorts of configuration information
that is on my computer!

-Phil