(ASCEND) MAX4000 Callback feature.. kinda...

Hi,

We are using a MAX4000 for our dial-up customers (ISDN and Modem).

We want to use the callback feature to do the following:
1) IP packet arrives for a certain IP
2) MAX dials the router of the customer assosciated with this IP
3) MAX disconnects immediately (or ideally only gives a few RINGs on the other
   side)
4) the other side will then dial into our MAX to setup an PPP connection

Everything works fine untill point 3: the MAX doesn't disconnect but instead
it starts a PPP connection with the other side, on our costs, which is
definately not something we want...

Could anyone give some advice or point to documentation that can help
us with this problem?

Thanks,
Ricardo Kustner.
System Administator