Re: (ASCEND) MAX4000 Callback feature.. kinda...

Ricardo Kustner wrote:
>We are using a MAX4000 for our dial-up customers (ISDN and Modem).
>We want to use the callback feature to do the following:
>1) IP packet arrives for a certain IP
>2) MAX dials the router of the customer assosciated with this IP
>3) MAX disconnects immediately (or ideally only gives a few RINGs on the other
>   side)
>4) the other side will then dial into our MAX to setup an PPP connection
>Everything works fine untill point 3: the MAX doesn't disconnect but instead
>it starts a PPP connection with the other side, on our costs, which is
>definately not something we want...

The other side has to use CLID authentication to reject the call and then
call you back.  In addition you might want to use Ascend-Expect-Callback=
Expect-Callback-Yes which causes the MAX to wait 90 seconds for the other
side to call back before trying to place another call to it.

Regards,
Stephen