Re: (ASCEND) Re: using a pri controller for t1 lines

>When I bought my first TNT I was told by Ascend's TAC that the 8CT1 card
>could not be used to connect the unit (which only had 192 modems) to my
>upstream provider for Internet access; that I would have to get an ethernet
>card and a router.  Are you saying that that is not the case?  I was under
>the impression the 8CT1 card did not have a routeable interfaces.

We've done this since the day we installed the TNT. IME, the 8CT1
card is a very flexible piece of hardware and I have yet to plug
something into it that it wouldn't deal with. Yes, it has routeable
interfaces. Just build a nailed connection profile that points to the
nailed group of the T1 line. The manual's section on configuring
nailed connections covers it in detail.

You will also need a card that provides HDLC processors. Any HDLC
card or modem card that has HDLC processors (Series II and III so
far) will do. If you're already processing ISDN calls, you have one.
You'll soak up 24 processors per nailed T1.

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/