Re: (ASCEND) COMPLETE BULLSHIT

Well, we just got 19 6000s a couple of months back. About half way through the
round of upgrades (we got them to replace 1600s), we had one smoke around 2 days
after it was installed and its replacement stops passing ethernet traffic after
24 hours (so now they are back to a 1600). And now we have another one that
responds to arp requests with all 0s. It works fine on the bench but refuses to
work on-site. So out of the 11 routers we've installed 3 don't work. One of the
other techs here has a pile of open tickets with Lucent right now (fun stuff
like link compression causing connections to stop passing traffic until the
router has been rebooted and for some reason we can't assign 2 ip addresses to
the shelf controller ethernet port on a couple of our TNTs.) Of course, most of
these things seem to work correctly on the bench, but as soon as we put them
into a real network they go nuts. Any body else had problems with dial in users
getting a "connection refused" message when using the menu mode for the terminal
server?

Oh, and we are actually PAYING for a support contract. I'd hate to see what
their free support looks like...