Re: (ASCEND) 7.2.3 for the Max

| Can someone tell me what speed recieve I have to get to get a 33600 send
| speed?
| even at 52,000 recieve I only get a 28800 send. I thought V90 max send was
| 33600?
| or am I wrong?

Actually, to achieve 56K speeds, the protocol makers had to slow down
upstream speed to 28K. It's something related to "cross noise" between up-
and downstream traffic.
Since it's not a "theoretical" limit (like Shannon's), but a technological
one, every protocol claims to have "56/33.6" speeds. It's true for V.90, as
was true for K56Flex and X2.
We can only expect that some day V.90 will be rewritten in a way that permit
"full" 33.6 upstream - maybe when we all have ISDN everywhere... :-)

Cheers,
Ricardo Freire, MCP