Re: (ASCEND) P50 DHCP Server Configuration

>From: David Kirkpatrick <davidki@sco.COM>
>
>I'm trying to set up the P50 (rev 6.1.7) as a DHCP server. It allocates
>the first IP address in the Pool, to the first client that asks for it,
>but no more after that. Its also using NAT, which all works fine. The
>DHCP config is so far:-
>
>DHCP Spoofing=Yes
>DHCP PNP Enabled=Yes
>Always Spoof=Yes
>IP Group 1=10.0.0.1/8
>Group 1 Count=20
>
>Doing a 'show dhcp address' shows the addresses getting allocated into
>the pool, but when you reboot the second Win95 client or renew IPconfig,
>it doesnt get an IP address from the pool. If I set 'Validate IP=Yes',
>it wont allocate any IP addresses at all (even to the first win95
>client).Is there anything obvious Im missing??

I main problem I've had with the DHCP server in Pipelines is that the
default lease time is 10... seconds(!). I find that I need to drastically
increase that to avoid all sorts of weirdness.

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/