(ASCEND) BUG: Does 7.0.x invent filters ?

Hi,

we are getting increasing problems with a phenomenon that is not
easy to track because it looks like a routing problem on the
peer side. It isn't. The problem is that since 7.0b up to 7.0.4
which we are running on a Max4k, networks that are indirectly
routed through a peer (not the networks directly related to those
peers) suddenly are no longer reachable. BUT the packets REACH
those networks, even more, the packets FROM those networks even
travel in on the link. They DO so, that has been tracked by means
of wandsession et al. The Max then drops these packets as if a
filter has been applied to them, which of course isn't.

The complete appearance of the phenomenon is as if "Source IP Check"
on the profile in question (which is of course off) would turn
itself on under some conditions. One of the conditions it seems to
turn itself on somewhat reliably is when the peer (a Max2k) is re-
booted and the leased line between the two comes up again.

When the phenomenon occurs the ONLY thing that usually helps is a
reset of the Max4k. Hanging up and redialing the profile does not
help. Setting IP Source Check to Yes, Redialing, Setting it back to
No, Redialing, in that sequence, does NOT help.

Further observations:

- I've got the feeling this problem occurs with other Max family
  members, too. I´ve seen it on Max2k and eventually Max1800 for
  several types of leased lines.

- The problem was not there prior to 7.x. I'm furthermore somewhat
  sure that it was introduced in 7.0b already, not in a later
  release.

Anyone got any information on this ?

Any tickets already open on that (else I will open one) ?

Any workarounds ?

This damn problem breaks our business. Now that the Max4k doesn't
reboot itself any longer it breaks in a much more stealthy way and
the breakage is usually communicated to you by the customer dialing
your tech. Bad...

TIA,
Andre.
--

 "the big bang: the ultimate hero of low frequency;
  the divine intergalactical bassdrum" -- Yello, "solar driftwood"

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck (ABPSoft)   AB10-RIPE    Xlink PoP Dresden | o |