Re:re: (ASCEND) Router for ADSL

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999 Patrick.Malone@merisel.com wrote:

> Actually the ADSL market leader is Alcatel with over 50% of all ADSL DSLAM
> installations. GTE, PacBell, Southwestern Bell, BellSouth, and others use
> Alcatel.

At least in the Pacific Northwest, GTE is using Fujitsu DSLAMs and modems.
We're currently getting our DSL through GTE, and their setup whitepaper
was provided by Fujitsu tech support (it also assumes you're using Ciscos
to handle your DSL traffic).

I was under the impression, from talking to one of Fujitsu's GTE reps
while visiting a POP at a GTE CO a couple months ago, that GTE is using
exclusively Fujitsu DSL equipment right now.

--
Devin L. Ganger, Chief Systems Administrator, Premier1 Internet Services
"Fear leads to anger.  Anger leads to hate.  Hate leads to using Windows