RE: (ASCEND) PPP on Windows 98

At 04:45 PM 1/5/99 -0300, Marcio Pilotto wrote:

>Marcio Pilotto@MLX
>05/01/99 16:45
>
>Hi Brooks,
>unfortunately your suggestion didnīt work as we wished. I set the MAX to
>answer MS-CHAP but before this I set it to PAP only, and both are unable to
>solve my problem!!!
>Itīs very strange because with win95 I can conect it very well without any
>problem!!!
>
>Do you have another suggestion before I shot my MAX??? Does anybody here
>have a good suggestion??

When I upgraded my laptop from W95 to W98 it reset a lot of parameters. For
instance it changed the system profile from a laptop to a desktop!

So I recommend going through every screen in the network setup (or every
screen in the control panel!) and think about each setting. Make sure you
turn off anything that suggests compression or encryption.