(ASCEND) Does MP on Ascend work with Win95 DUN 1.3?

Is the Multilink PPP option in the Win95 DUN 1.3 known to work with Ascend's
MP encapsulation when using analog modems?

I'm trying it with two analog modems on a laptop dialed int a Max 800 with
analog modems.  My MAX 800 shows that I have two channels open, while Win95
isn't quite sure -- it shows number of devices as "1" in the DUN connection
status summary, yet under details it shows the second device as active (the
phone line is in use, and the Suspend/Resume button shows "Suspend").

Performance sucks, though.  Pinging a local device on the lan with the
dialup connection results in 50-90% packet loss, and pinging the "remote"
end from the LAN show similar losses.  Attempts to use basic IP stuff from
the remote end are futile; telnet connections won't open up, ftp never
connects, etc.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the second link isn't
being negotiated properly and it's wreaking havoc with all of them.  But I'm
not sure if it's because DUN is broken, the Max 800 is broken (my guess), or
two modems just isn't a good idea.

--
Shawn Barnhart swb@mercury.campbell-mithun.com
The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight