Re: (ASCEND) How to save a route

At 17:46 1998/01/28 -0500, you wrote:
>  The IP for the NT proxy server is statically routed from the Cisco the max,
>  when the pipeline is connected to the max, I add a static route in term
        serve mode for the NT proxy machine
>  to point out to the connected pipeline.  Once this route is added,
        the pipeline can connect and disconnect
>  dynamically as needed, and the static route for the NT proxy stays in
        the maxes routing table.......unless rebooted.

I don't understand why you need a static route pointing to the server,
maybe if you could draw us a picture and include sample IPs?

If you really do need a static route, and not just to
increase the bit-mask on the connection profile or something,
(that is, for example, change 172.16.17.18/32 to 172.16.17.18/30)
then you can put it into a permanent static route in
        Ethernet->Static Rtes->[pick a number]

-Jim H
----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D