Re: (ASCEND) Configuring DMS-100 Channelized T1 data calls to ISDN

At 03:34 AM 1/28/98 GMT, Frank Suraci wrote:
>Hi,
>
>We need some help in properly configuring a channelized T1 on a
>DMS-100 so that out-going calls from our Ascend MAX on that
>channelized T1 are tagged as data rather than voice calls. We have no
>problem placing ISDN calls into the MAX on the channelized T1 from the
>P50, but calls made from the MAX to the P50 are ignored because the
>calls are tagged as voice and we have not been able to configure the
>P50 to answer voice tagged calls as data.

That sounds pretty crazy. A CT1 has it's channels pre-provisioned to either
voice or data. I didn't think you could set that data in and voice out. The
telco must be doing something screwy. Have you brought this up with them?

Matt Holdrege		http://www.ascend.com	matt@ascend.com