Re: (ASCEND) Digital/Analog Dial-up

> Check out http://www.ascend.com/890.html for info to give to your telco.
> The method you need to use is call forward busy. Beware that this may cost
> you some money depending on your tariffs.

Yes.  I asked BellSouth about this provisioning feature (in fact, a provisioner
was about to configure it on my lines) but the BellSouth ISDN business office said
that they could/would not sell this feature.  She implied that tariff regulations
do not allow them to.

Does anyone else using BellSouth have this feature?  If so, how did you get
it?

> With BRI on the telco's 5ESS, you need this special technique to do voice
> and data hunting. If you had a PRI, there would be no problem.

That is my understanding.  However, our call volume does not really justify
a PRI at this time.  We currently have three BRI's (could perhaps stand a
fourth) but I think we would be comfortable there for a while if we could
get the Call Forward Data Busy Line All Calls (CFDBLAC) feature.

BTW, BellSouth charges $1023 for all 24 channels of a PRI and $864 for 8 channels.
A single BRI is about $96 + .01/channel/minute over 320 hours.   These are per
month charges.

Thanks,

ct