Re: (ASCEND) ISDL Code = ISDN Code f. Pipeline 50 ?

> IDSL allows you to use the standard BRI version of the P50/75/85....
so i dont need to buy a special isdl-pipe ? crazy... the sales people
here want us to do that, claiming that there is a difference between
a normal pipe and a isdl-pipe... and the price for a idsl pipe is
just 30% higher...

> you to configure almost any ISDN TA (U-interface) to use the IDSL service.
>
> >The next problem is, that i cant use nailed/nailed, so i can only use
> >one channel.
>
> Set it for switched/switched...the documentation should explain this.
documentation ? hmmm i would say, that these pages are a documentation.

well it works with ONE channel, but i cant get the second one to come up.
the next problem...:
and it only works, if the pipeline initiates the call.

our max has 2 E1 channels for dial-up users and i have this 8-port ISDL
card.
how does the max know, that this call has to use the IDSL Card. Must i
use trunk groups ?. If yes, i can use trunk groups 4 to 9, so i have
6 trunk groups, but i have one trunk group too use for the two E1 (it
is set by default to trunk group 9) and i have 5 trunk groups to reach
8 ISDL pipes... how does this work... at-t p-t-p pbx, but why not nailed ?

The problem with nailed/nailed was, that the max wanted to open a huge
number of ppp sessions to this partner.

beside that, it is a design error from ascend to use a isdl line as a
switched line. I can only make a direct connection to another partner,
so why does ascend use switched lines ? i think this doesnt make sense.
Yes, the ISDP Card behaves like a

> The central site IDSL will emulate the CO side of the ISDN protocol, so
> switched/switched is appropriate.

hmm... could you please tell me and others, how get get a MPP Sessions with
2 Channels up and running in a max, having one or more E1s for dialup ?

I cant believe, that we are the first one to run such a configuration..

Winfried