Re: (ASCEND) ISDL Code = ISDN Code f. Pipeline 50 ?

At 11:13 PM 1/25/98 +0100, Winfried Haug wrote:
>Hi !
>
>we have a ISDL Pipeline connected to a 8port Card in the Max4000.
>Does the Pipeline need the normal Pipeline50 ISDN Code (b.p50) or
>do i need a special Firmware.

IDSL allows you to use the standard BRI version of the P50/75/85....

The TNT/MAX end of this emulates an AT&T PtP BRI interface, so allowing
you to configure almost any ISDN TA (U-interface) to use the IDSL service.

>The next problem is, that i cant use nailed/nailed, so i can only use
>one channel.

Set it for switched/switched...the documentation should explain this.
The central site IDSL will emulate the CO side of the ISDN protocol, so
switched/switched is appropriate.

>What a joke !!! There are rumors, that Version 6 will
>correct this... but i could find this version either on ftp.ascend.com
>or ftp.ascend.de...

Version 6 is being introduced via a full BETA program which everyone is
invited to participate in. You first register your Ascend product(s) by
serial number, and then select a login/password to use. Then hit the
"Log In" button...the BETA releases are listed there.

Kevin